Job and Internship Opportunities
Director, Development, and Operations - Position Description
The Director of Development and Operations will coordinate efforts to ensure financial stability for SEACC’s programs by coordinating the organization’s overall fundraising strategy and operational activities. The Director of Development and Operations reports to the Executive Director and works with staff to write and execute a comprehensive fundraising plan tiered to organizational goals and campaign plans. The DDO is ultimately responsible for ensuring grant deadlines and fundraising goals are met. Periodic travel, evening and weekend engagements are a part of this role.
- Works with other staff to create and implement comprehensive fundraising plan including goals, objectives, activities, and indicators including:
- Grants management, including researching and developing new grant opportunities, maintaining relations, tracking deadlines, coordinating applications and reports (including drafting grant application and report text as needed), and preparing financial reports,
- Developing concept and plan for annual fall appeal and late spring special appeal process,
- Major donor management and cultivation in partnership with the Executive Director,
- Building and coordinating activities for SEACC’s Legacy giving campaign.
- Manages SEACC’s Membership offerings
- Works with Office and Operations Coordinator and Communications Coordinator to maintain and engage proactively with SEACC’s membership, managing event calendar, creating a strategy to provide fun, educational, and enriching community events for members to attend throughout Southeast, and ensuring timely communications with SEACC membership
- Builds a strategy for cultivating new members through events and using demographic data to target different potential funding sectors,
- Manages potential business partnership program and explores potential for-profit streams.
- Assists ED with organizational financial oversight, ensuring that grants are expended as proposed and manages cash flow monitoring and projection.
- Works with Office and Operations Manager and Communications and Online Coordinator to ensure fundraising is integrated with SEACC’s overall data-driven approach to organizing and “ladder of engagement.”
- Works with designer and Office and Operations Manager and Communications and Online Coordinator to make sure all print and online fundraising materials are attractive, professional, and strategic.
- Stays current on best practices in development through in-person training, webinars, etc.
- Works with Executive Director and program staff to ensure effective in-person communication with funders and major donors.
- Delivers fundraising updates to the board, in coordination with the ED.
- Participates in quarterly self-evaluation and work planning based on the strategic fundraising plan.
Please send cover letter, resume, 3 references, and 2 writing samples (grant proposals or reports -- under 5 pages preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is open until filled.
If you have any questions about this position or SEACC please contact our Office Manager Thomasina at email@example.com or call (907) 586-6942.