- Amazon Smile
- Fred Meyer Community Rewards
- Stock Donations
- Required Minimum Distributions
AmazonSmile is part of Amazon's philanthropy program, offering you the opportunity to donate while you shop, with no cost to you! When you shop through AmazonSmile, .5% of all of the money you are already spending will automatically be donated to SEACC.
1. Go to www.smile.amazon.com
2. Sign into your normal Amazon Account or create one
3. Under the 'Accounts and Lists' dropdown, choose 'Your AmazonSmile'
4. Click 'Change Charity' - choose Southeast Alaska Conservation Council
5. Shop on Amazon!
Fred Meyer's Community Rewards program donates up to $2.6million each year to nonprofit organizations, including SEACC! When you link your rewards card to SEACC a portion of all of your purchases will go to SEACC.
1. Log in or create a Fred Meyer account
2. Search for our name or account number - XM050
3. Link your account to SEACC
4. Start shopping!
As Alaskans, each year we get our PFD, money to benefit us and our community. Through Pick.Click.Give you can donate part or all of your PFD to your favorite non-profit!
1. File online for your PFD
2. At the end of the filing process, add Pick.Click.Give donations
3. Choose Southeast Alaska Conservation Council and the amount
SEACC now accepts donated stocks via Charles Schwab. Call the office at (907) 586-6942, or email Maggie (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Thomasina at (email@example.com), to get the account number in order to transfer stocks directly to SEACC. This article has some good information about when it's wise to donate stocks and how to do it.
In 2017, Congress decided to permanently allow people 70 1/2 and older to transfer the Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) from their IRAs to a nonprofit, which can also be a smart tax move. Check out this article for more background about how it works. Call the office at (907) 586-6942 or email Maggie (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Thomasina at (email@example.com) if you want more info on how to donate your RMD to SEACC.